| || |
Checking a website for errors
What you should keep in mind
For sure it is always a good idea to check the own homepage for errors - and before signing up your internet page for joining a list of websites you should at least reexamine the following areas:
1. Spelling:Almost every modern editor for webpages today offers the possibility to automatically check the spelling of the pages.
2. Uniformity:Contentwise and visually the website should be designed uniformly: E.g. if references are underlined there should be no normal underlined words. Also for example "and" should always either be spelled out or written as "&" in the same phrase.
3. Contact data:Are all addresses and email addresses in the legal notice and on the internet pages recent and correct?
4. "Invisible" parts of the page:Internet pages also contain parts like e.g. the alt tags of images that the website visitor usually does not see. Nevertheles also with these elements the spelling and the contents should be correct...
5. No pages under construction:Of course the website should not contain unfinished pages.
6. Titles and descriptions:The title and description tags of the internet pages are very important and should be rechecked.
7. Headings:Well build internet pages are not only visually appealing but also use the correct markup for the text content like e.g. H elements for headings...
8. Side structure:All internet pages should always be referenced with the same url inside the website. Therefore the same page should not be addressed using http://www.test.com/produkte.html and http://test.com/produkte.html.
9. Site overview:A site overview in HTML and XML format is nowadays an important part of any modern website.
11. Operability of all Scripts:Server-side software of course gasr to be checked for error-free performance.
12. Search functionA search function (if available) is only useful if it works error-free and find the right results.
13. Broken references to other pages:Today no website should contain broken references to other pages - these can easily be found and fixed using various programs free of charge.
15. Printing feature:As all script functions also the display of a printer friendly page version has to be checked if available.
16. Security:Folders containing personal data have to blocked using the robots.txt and/or the htaccess file so that they can not be opened from outside. Of course all forms have to work in a way that they are safe against hacker or spammer attacks.
19. Favicon:Being an eyecatcher in the favorite list of the webiste visitors a favicon should be part of the website.
20. 404 page:A 404 page not only showing an error message but offering alternative internet pages is a must for todays modern websites.
|Legal Notice: |
Schneitler & Weiss GbR
Waldstr. 14, 83395 Freilassing, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0)8654 457 9623 1, Fax: +49 (0)8654 457 9623 9
Dr. Clemens Schneitler and Dr. Christian Weiss
Tax ID: 105/176/40803, VAT identification number in
accordance with § 27 a VAT Act: DE230625103
Information about the Online Dispute Resolution Platform: The EU commission has created an internet platform for the extrajudicial settlement of disputes concerning contractual obligations between customers and merchants arising from online contracts (the so-called "ODR platform") which is accessible via the following link: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr
Copyright © 2015 Avalon's Treasury
Images © 2015
|www.clipart.com ||, |
|www.istockphoto.com ||, ||www.pixmac.com |
|& www.avalonstreasury.com |
All rights reserved.
All images, text and design of this website are fully protected by federal and international copyright laws. If you want to use features of this site please contact the site owner who will help you to get in touch with the respective copyright owner or right holder.
|Last Update of Site: |
| Page built using |
| PSPad-Editor |
Jewelry, Gems & Minerals
Lists of Webpages, Lists of Websites
If you want to add your website to list of internet sites or to one of our pages it is normally enough to enter a title and a description of your site - with our pages and also with many list of websites it is also possible to publish stories to point to your homepage. In this way it is possible to find new visitors for your site by offering thrilling information on a topic to the readers.
The most important point when writing such stories is to care about your reader. Offer well structured information and opinions which provoke further interest and deeper discussions. In order to achieve this you should focus on topics that are not self-evident and prove this way that you are an expert in a given field who is able to present new information in his stories in an entertaining way.
Being neutral is an important element when publishing information: There is a reason why newspapers with their political coverage own a better reputation than the tabloid press which focuses on gossip and tittle-tattle. Honest information about various fields of knowledge can also easily be published in social networks where they can be associated with your profile. In this way the interested reader can learn more about you and recognize you as an expert in your field which ledas to more trust in your website and the products and services offered there. Especially in the internet the reputation of a website is important since there is no direct contact between humans and it is therefore difficult to come to an competent opinion about a site.
For sure it is also crucial that not only the published stories but also the website itself offers interesting information about a given topic. Use you imagination whether your visitors like further informative texts, videos or interactive presentations and pay attention that you continuously add new content to your website so that recurring visitors will find something new that might interest them. Besides writing thrilling stories and associating them with your own website your website itself is the most important flagship of your online presence.
The stories on this page http://www.aval
.html were written with the readers in mind in order to inform them and to invite them to the associated websites. This is the information about our website and this page if you want to point to it:
- Website: Our short description is "Avalon's Treasury - Jewelry, Gems & Minerals".
- Page: Websites and stories about "Lists of Webpages, Lists of Websites" can be found on this page.
In the end well written stories can be much more than only a possibility to find new visitors for one’s homepage - they can build an emotional connection between you and the visitors of your site and enhance your reputation as an expert in a given field of knowledge. For this reason stories that point to your website are much more valuable than references that only use a title and a short description.